Alumni is an important link, whether it is for the past students, present students or the university itself. For the past students, it is nostalgia and a feeling of giving back to its alma mater. For the current students, it is a benchmark of where they can reach and beyond, plus the mentorship available from the alumni. For the university, it is a source of pride as well as resources, and the most important, a continuous interface with the industry.
The DDU Alumni Association, formerly DDIT Alumni Association (DDITAA), was established in August 1993 under the strong and dynamic leadership of Dr. H. M. Desai as the President, with its headquarter at DDU and chapters at Ahmedabad, Ankleshwar, Vadodara and Dallas (US Chapter). It has a membership strength of more than 4500 past students.
The association is proud of its members, as most of them have excelled in their respective fields. Many of them have won coveted awards, while more than 1000 members are settled abroad. The association has been promoting interaction among industries, ex-students and the university to enhance the cause of technical education.
The main objectives of
the association are
- To establish and maintain contact among past students, present students and the teaching staff of DDU
- To raise and maintain high standards of education by interfacing with the needs of the industry
- To connect with industry for the benefit of students, like for their projects, internships and placements etc.
- To extend financial assistance to deserving present and past students of the University for academic purposes
The current activities of
the association include
- Organising seminars and workshops to prepare leaders for the new millennium
- Providing financial support in the form of merit-cum-means scholarships
- Providing travel assistance to students for participating in academic activities
- Awarding prizes to rank holding students
- Assisting in arranging campus interviews, placements and industrial training
- Maintaining a database of ex-students
- A new year gathering is organised every year for local members on 26th January, after the flag hoisting ceremony. Other trips with family are also organised.